Arborist Ground Operations Specialist
Tree care operations require skilled personnel on the ground. A Ground Operations Specialist is a fully trained and skilled team member capable of performing the tasks listed below with little to no guidance.
The Ground Operations Specialist requires the following skills, in addition to the skill list for Tree Care Apprentice. These skills will be tested with the TCIA Tree Care Academy Ground Operations Specialist Study Guide.
- Job site set up
- Traffic and pedestrian control
- Crew communication
- Avoiding Struck By’s
- Basic Chainsaw Maintenance and Starting
- Limbing and Bucking
Knots to Include:
- Running Bowline
- Bowline on the bight.
- Clove Hitch
- Sheet Bend
- Timber Hitch
- Cow Hitch
A new team member should be able to achieve the status of Ground Operations Specialist within six months of hire. This time line may be adjusted as necessary. Before a team member can take the certification tests, the following requirements must be met:
- Completion and successful passing of the TCIA Tree Care Apprentice (TCA) training program.
- An excellent work attendance record and the demonstrated ability to work safely on a tree crew by the standards and skills set forth in the TCIA program and applicable company standards.
- Proficiency in all aspects of ground work thus far and the ability and willingness to learn.
- Recommendation for advance from Crew Leader, Operations Manager and Director of Safety and Training
- 100% uniform paid
- $100 boot allowance after 1 year
- All equipment is supplied by Arborist Enterprises
- Paid weekly by direct deposit
- Continual education and certifications paid by Arborist Enterprises
- Seasonal overtime available